DOHA: HE Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs Dr. Abdullah bin Saleh Al Khulaifi said Monday that the State of Qatar was working on developing labor legislation in order to protect the rights of labor and business owners. HE the Minister highlighted that HH the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani had recently approved necessary amendments to the labor law related to protecting wages. His Excellency...
Fire can do a lot of damage to your property when you’re not careful about keeping your home safe from these kinds of hazards, and it can also cause serious injury and other related accidents.
To keep this from happening, you may think about wanting to install fire alarm systems for your home complete with a smoke detector, fire alarm, and a sprinkler system.
How to Stay on Top of Fire Hazards
Whether you live in an HDB flat, a condo, or a house in Singapore, there’s always something you can do to protect your property from damage.
A fire protection system can do a lot to protect your home and property from fire hazards that could occur, especially when you’re not around to keep everything in check.
In a fire protection system, smoke detectors, alarms, and sprinklers work together. Once smoke is detected by the smoke detector, it sends signals that activate the fire protection system and activate the sprinklers to put out the fire.
However, before installing a fire protection system in Singapore, here are a few things in your home that may turn out to be surprisingly huge fire hazards waiting to happen if you’re not careful:
While you may think that dryers or ovens are the ones that cause fires, you may be overlooking your dishwasher as a fire hazard. Fires can be caused when the water gets into the dishwasher’s circuit boards and other heating parts, and this can make the dishwasher short-circuit.
Water can get into the dishwasher’s circuit boards because it may have been damaged when it was installed, or because the dishwasher itself is quite old and needs to be replaced.
2. Messy kitchens
How could a messy kitchen be a huge fire hazard? Surprisingly, a lot of house fires can start with a really unorganized kitchen, and it can make a surprising amount of sense.
Even simple things, such as a pot holder, paper tools, or loose pieces of paper, can take a spark really well and ignite easily should they happen to be too near the kitchen stove.
3. Laptops and Extension cords
Anything that relies on electricity to run can be a potential hazard when it’s not grounded or insulated properly, and this goes especially for laptops and extension cords because we find ourselves using them more frequently all the time.
However, this doesn’t mean we shouldn’t use them – as long as your electricals and electrical appliances are insulated well and grounded properly, there’s no reason to worry.
4. Glass objects
One of the best ways to start a fire is by using a piece of glass to refract sunlight onto dry tinder during a really hot day. While this fact is great for outdoor camping, it’s not so great when you have that a glass object that can do the same thing to your wooden furniture.